Monday, October 01, 2007

Bummer in Boulder

Everything in Colorado was great this weekend except the football game and the fact that the TSA is now in possesion of my toothpaste and mousse. My Sooners took a commanding 24-7 lead over the Colorado Buffaloes early in the 2nd half. The Sooner offense took the rest of the game off making 3 turnovers and allowing Colorado to kick a game winning field goal on the last play of the game. Our poor defense was on the field for 82 plays compared to 46 for Colorado defense. Its pretty tough for me to generate much enthusiam for hating Texas right now. That should change later in the week, maybe by Wednesday. Frustrating game but a great weekend.

Aside from the game the CU Boulder campus has to be one of if not the most gorgeous campus in the United States. We spent two hours before the game just walking around the campus in the shadow of the Flatirons. On Sunday Amy and I drove up to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. The aspen trees are turning gold and we got to see several large elk. I'm a huge fan of Rocky Mountain National Park and the Denver area. I'll have more about the TSA defending our country from tartar control toothpaste later in the week.

3 comments:

James E. Miller said...

I didn't realize you were going to the game. Wow. Big disappointment, I'm sure.

I guess you can find solace in that a number of top-25 teams were upset by unranked opponents.

I've been to Estes Park three times and loved it more every time I went. Few places in the United States match the beauty of the Colorado Rocky Mountains.

Sarah2280 said...

Do they have your mouse or your "mousse"?

David Parks said...

Whichever one is "phomy."