Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hope Your Cash is Stashed in the Caymans


It has been a bad few months for some very wealthy people hiding money in Lichtenstein. Disgruntled LGT Bank employee, Heinrich Kiebler downloaded all their private accounts. Then Mr. Kiebler sold the list of investors to the US government and twelve other countries. In addition to money from the sale Mr. Kiebler stands to earn 30% of all tax revenue collected from the hidden accounts. In the wake of the Kiebler incident, UBS the largest bank in Switzerland, announced this week that they would no longer be helping American investors evade taxes through offshore accounts.

UBS has an estimated 19,000 U.S. clients with a combined $17.9 billion in accounts "that have not been disclosed to U.S. tax authorities," according to estimates given to the Senate panel by the bank and Bradley Birkenfeld, a former UBS banker.

I'm afraid that upsetting many of the richest people in the world will not end well for Mr. Kiebler. Enjoy your money, hide well, and have someone else start your car.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were approximately 230 pounds everwhere. But for all I bring about this area selling them for half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good evening bros. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for that exact brand. The prices for the shoes were approximately 170 bucks on every site. But definitively I found this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that singular make. The prices seeking the velcros are around 350 bucks on every page. But definitively I base this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what is your opinion?